NMS IP-TV is as digital audio/video delivery system using IP protocol. Owing to wide broadband availability, audio/video content can be delivered utilizing already established Internet infrastructure. Video on Demand and live television are easily streamed over packet-based networks, providing reduced cost of ownership and initial equipment investments. Picture quality and resolution is only limited by available bandwidth.
IP television services can be classified in following groups:
- Live feed with or without interactive features
- Simple time shifting in fixed steps or to the start of show
- Video on demand (VOD). Video catalogue separate from live show programming.
According to this concept, NMS consists of following parts:
- Content sources (Public frovider IP feed, video archives, satellite receivers)
- Steaming servers
- Encoder servers for transcoding
- Content Delivery Network (CDN)
- End-user devices (Tablets, mobile phones, smart TVs, Set-top boxes)
- Media Asset Management. The module includes the functions below:
- Provide workflow engine to fulfill content loading, audit and publish;
- Store media metadata;
- Support multiple media objects, such as VOD, serial, MP3, AD, etc;
- Accomplish category management to media content.
- EPG Management. EPG customization, EPG template distribution and EPG group management.
- Resource Management. The functions include resource assignment and release, such as storage of resource, streaming resource.
- Terminal Management. STB capability management, STB version management, STB life cycle management, STB information management, STB automatic updates, STB status monitor and control, STB log management.
- Billing Management. Provide three kinds of billing methods: monthly payment, payment per view and charge by traffic; and incorporation with discount policies, it supports two kinds of charge mode: prepaid and postpaid.
- User Management. Manage user information and maintain service order relationship.
- Portal Management. It provides a unified portal for subscriber, SP and carrier.
- Service Management. Perform the centralized management and maintenance for SP. IPTV service platform provides service application, service approval, service provisioning and service information query, etc.
- Customer Service. It provides a unified WEB interface for Call Center Agent. Call Center Agent logon web to deal with users’ complaints and accomplish various services operation.
- Statistical and Analysis. The module is designed to achieve statistical functions for carrier to analyse operation status so as to make the better business decision.
- Authorization and Authentication. It executes user authentication and issues service list, and accomplishes service authentication while user orders the service.
- CP/SP Management. Manage the information, life cycle and content of CSP introduced to IPTV system. Make statistic and rand the service development for SP. Provide operating data of CSP/SP.